I had a great session at the gym tonight. Here’s what I did:
- 20 min interval run on treadmill – alternated 3 min at 6.5 mph with 2 min at 5.5mph. I rocked the last min at 7.2.
- Leg extension machine – 3 sets, 10 reps started at 50lbs and adding 5 lbs each set
- Leg curl machine – 3 sets, 10 reps 50lbs adding 5lbs each set
- Smith machine squats, 3 sets 10 reps
- Back extension on roman chair – 3 sets 15 reps
- Side bend on roman chair – 3 sets 15 reps per side
I felt fatigued and full of happy endorphins. Good stuff.
Post-gym, I decided to make and try a Green Monster for the first time.
I’m a little surprised it took me this long to try one. I had heard about them years ago and thought, “Bananas? Spinach? Together?!? EW!” I’ve become a little more adventurous (at least with the nanners, I always liked spinach) and guess what? I loved it! I used Silk Light Vanilla soy milk and instead of the flax put a scoop of Designer Whey vanilla protein powder. I’ll be adding these into regular rotation for post-gym refueling.
It was perfect weather for grilling. We paired the dogs with grilled asparagus and peppers, as you can see. For beer, we pulled from our Magic Hat sampler.
I’m definitely loving the Wacko Summer Seasonal. It’s hoppy, but not overwhelmingly so (not that a lot of hops bother me) which is perfect for summertime evening enjoyment. I recommend highly.
This week felt both short and long at the same time. Weird! I’m settling into my food coma now, so the post ends here!